This is happening in Mexico today. Please help out if you can by sharing and making noise, we can stop this.
Hey homies, just read what I am about to tell you, it’s pretty important for me and my country.
The President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto (EPN) it’s trying to use the “Telecom Law”, which could end with our freedom in the internet. Let me explain.
Telecom Law basically wants:
- Real-time geographic location of any type of communication device.
- Block, inhibit or reverse temporarily telecommunications signals in critical events and places for public and national security at the request of the competent authorities. So if we want to manifest our ideas, they could easily shut down the Internet in one device or a complete area in the radium they decide.
- Goodbye live coverage at events, goodbye incipient movements via a twitter hashtag, goodbye to media, blogs and communities of all colors and flavors not aligned to the government. So if they think Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook aren’t useful to them and their purposes, they will practically cut them off.
- Internet utility companies will be required to keep a detailed list of our likes and habits, ready to be given to the authorities whenever they want and whatever they want.
- Providers may give preference of bandwith to different websites while that will slow the entry to another, as establishing business with each company. So, for example, if tumblr doesn’t have a good deal with my goverment and Facebook does, they’re going to give preference to FB, turning Tumblr hella slow. Pretty shitty, right?
In short, this law will end our right to free speech, privacy, security and cheap service in the space of the world’s largest communication.
All of this because said man is being bashed in the internet since he became our President. This is not a way to gain love of your country, sir. The corruption here will eat us even more. They practically want us to become their puppets, their slaves, and we, of course, don’t want that.
Please help us trending in Twitter and FB the following hashtag:
We are going to fight for our rights this April 21st and 22nd.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.
MEXICO LOVES YOU!!